Monday, February 3, 2014

Remembering Larry Packard,


An architect who leaves an enduring imprint on the game


By Ron Whitten:


Golf architect Larry Packard died on January 28, 2014 in his apartment at Innisbrook golf resort in Tarpon Springs, Florida. He was 101 years old, the oldest living course architect in the world at the time of his death.

I'd known Larry for over 30 years (his full name was Edward Lawrence Packard, but he went by Larry). We first corresponded in the late 1970s, when I was working on the book, The Golf Course. We finally met at an ASGCA meeting in 1981 and played a couple of rounds of golf together at subsequent meetings -- he was one of the few architects who could hack it around worse than I. I also visited his office in LaGrange, Ill. a couple of times in the mid-1980s, digging through both his plans and his memories. We kept in touch over the years. It was my good fortune to visit him one last time in Florida just 10 days before his death. 


READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE BY CLICKING HERE

1 comment:

  1. I was so anxiuos to know what my husband was always doing late outside the house so i started contacting hackers and was scamed severly until i almost gave up then i contacted this one hacker and he delivered a good job showing evidences i needed from the apps on his phone like whatsapp,facebook,instagram and others and i went ahead to file my divorce papers with the evidences i got,He also went ahead to get me back some of my lost money i sent to those other fake hackers,every dollar i spent on these jobs was worth it.Contact him so he also help you.
    mail: premiumhackservices@gmail.com
    text or call +1 4016006790

    ReplyDelete